Set in Discovery Country Suites is the critically lauded, Restaurant Verbena. Known for pairing rich, stimulating flavors of contemporary fusion cuisine with the comforting ingredients of farm-fresh country food, this restaurant boasts an impressive display of culinary creations. An overnight stay in our country home comes with a delicious breakfast the morning after to welcome the new chapter with a filled heart and a satisfied stomach. Restaurant Verbena offers a good view of the vantage point of Taal Lake and Volcano.
Open daily from 7AM to 9:30PM
With The Discovery Leisure Company and new Head Chef Jayjay Sycip leads the direction for serving sustainable ingredients at Restaurant Verbena, Chef Jayjay plans to give “farm to table” a new meaning. He worked with F&B Report to visit Lucciole Farm in Tagaytay, one of the few places in the area where he gets some of the produce and livestock, and work towards his goal of giving the farmers a face for the diners. This means that diners would not only know where the ingredients are sourced, but also know who provides them. According to Chef Jayjay, this makes farm to table a more genuine and relatable. As Chef Jayjay takes on his new role, he plans to make sustainability one of his main focus for Restaurant Verbena.
To know more about Chef Jayjay’s farm tour, visit fnbreport.ph. Photos courtesy of F&B Report.
- Philippine Tatler’s Philippines’ Best Restaurants – 2014/ 2015/ 2016/ 2017/ 2018
- Ranked Number 2, Top 5 in the Philippines, The Miele Guide 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 editions
- Listed in Miele Guide 2013 – 2014 edition
- Top 25 in the Philippines, The Miele Guide 2009
- Awarded Certified Fine Dining Restaurant by La Chaine des Rotisseurs
- Manila’s Best Restaurants, Philippine Tatler, 2009/2010/2011/ 2016